AEL Engineering Graduate Internship Programme 2019
AEL Engineering Graduate Internship Programme 2019, AEL is looking to recruit 5x Graduate/Intern to work in Modderfontein. To build a sustainable pipeline of suitably qualified Engineering talent. Interested applicants can read through and apply for the interns programme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Knowledge of relevant technical procedures, specifications and legal frameworks.
- Knowledge of applicable engineering technologies/Technical Acumen.
- Learn applicable AEL processes and products.
- Fundamentals of the value chain and business drivers (own and stakeholders).
- Application of appropriate technologies.
- Technical analysis and problem solving.
- Technical integration.
- Implementing technical solutions.
- Making professional technical recommendations.
- Conceptualizing Engineering solutions.
- Principles of Total cost of ownership.
- Knowledge of Engineering design.
- Balancing financial, operational and technical requirements.
- Developing innovative technical solutions.
- Build and maintain effective networking and relationships with manager, team and customers to increase knowledge and understanding of work requests.
- Communicate work in clear verbal and engineering written format.
- Understand Risk Management approach and start to identify, review and report on risks impact within a parameters of current rotation and identifies suitable
mitigation plans to address these risks (with guidance).
- Plan, organize, control and report on own work and progress – keep line informed “.
- Troubleshoot and address problems with general equipment (with guidance)
- Learn to utilize engineering systems, tools and standards (own, local and international) in own work and projects.
- Learn to create, develop and update engineering systems, tools and standards.
- To learn and understand the AEL value chain (including Operations, R&D (Engineering and Project Management)), its products and applications, test methods and
equipment in context of discipline learning.
Qualifications & Experience
- B.Eng Degree in Mechanical or Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or Mechatronics or NQF equivalent.
- 0 – 1 years’ experience in field of Mechanical or Electrical or Control Systems Engineering.
- People management skills
- Communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Customer service orientated
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Work environment and safety conscientious
- Detail orientated
- Team player
Closing Date: 12 September 2018