City of Johannesburg Municipality invites all interested applicants to apply for Events Support Officers Internships Programme 2021.
This Internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of an academic qualification.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Communication and Marketing Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months.
- Protocol, diplomacy and etiquette.
- Planning, design, production and implementation of events, which includes all project delivery elements within time limits from conceptualisation to end.
- Conferring with client and key stakeholders of the department to determine event requirements.
- Responding to queries.
- On-the-day logistics of events, running post-event follow-up with participants, and evaluating events.
- Organising, planning and executing virtual and hybrid events.
- Administrative work, e.g. minute- and report-writing, compilation of briefing packs. etc.
- Grade 12 / Matric;
- Confirmation letter from institution;
- Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
Diploma or Certificate in:
- Event management,
- Public relations,
- Hospitality industry;
- Strong interpersonal and communicating skills (both rally and in writing).
- Strong team working skills, the ability to work independently and seize opportunities.
- Strong computer skills and creative problem-solving.
- Batho Pele principles.
Internship Application Closing Date: 21 April 2021
Internship Location : Johannesburg
How to apply