Cognia is inviting all applicants to apply for the ongoing Graduate / Internship Programme offered in 2021 / 2022.
Cognia Law offers an alternative to candidates who want to experience a different side of law. The successful candidate will be part of a team based in Cape Town.
The candidate will receive in-depth training, so prior work experience is not a requirement.
As a graduate your responsibilities will include, providing support across Cognia Law’s legal service lines, including data collection projects, transactional due diligence accounts/ projects, and litigation support accounts/ projects, this will be done under the guidance of a line manager and/or senior associates.
This opportunity will stand the successful candidate in good stead when applying for articles after the program.
Cognia Legal Internships Requirements
- Law degree from a top tertiary institution
- Languages: English – spoken and written (required)
- Preference will be given to EE candidates
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written/ verbal communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as an integral part of a team
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Developed skills in legal drafting
- Commercial, proactive and business-like mind-set
- A good grasp of Microsoft Office applications
- Be comfortable with technological applications, plus a knowledge of legal review platforms will be beneficial
- Good time management skills and the ability to operate well in high-pressure environments
- Strong team player
- Risk sensitivity and the ability to know when to escalate an issue
Internship Application Closing Date: 30 September 2021
Internship Location: Cape Town, Western Cape