Copywriting Marketing Intern at Festo 2018
Copywriting Marketing Intern at Festo 2018, The Copywriting Marketing Intern oversees the planning, implementation and execution of all company public relations and communications both internally and externally.
The Copywriting Intern will be required to nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image.
This function must be conducted in-line with budgetary requirements, marketing strategies and the Festo brand.
Summary of job contents
- Coordinating all public relations and Copy writing activities.
- Assist with compiling annual plan, budget and schedules for media relations for the year.
- Create ad-hoc communication plans when requested for specific projects.
- Provide accurate monthly PR reports and analysis to demonstrate effective return on investment (ROI) and manage KPIs (key performance indicators). Make recommendations for improvement based on results.
- Responsible for all Copywriting related activities associated with campaigns & customer events in support of Marketing Product Manager and sales activities.
- Negotiate with PR suppliers to achieve the high-level placements and best pricing across print, broadcast and online media channels.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Write press releases, case studies, articles and keynote presentations.
- Create content for internal and external newsletters, print material, etc.
- Create content for digital marketing platforms (social media posts, website, etc.).
- Editing campaign and all other marketing communication material.
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an ongoing basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness.
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
- Work with the graphic co-ordinator to source appropriate imagery from internal and external databases for Copywriting requirements (articles, etc.).
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Create and release favourable PR for sponsorships, event’s, etc.
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Assist with general marketing co-ordination support for internal and external stakeholders when required.
- Copywriting/BCom Marketing Degree/equivalent or other relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. IMM, Vega, etc.) with a specialisation in communication.
- Excellent communication skills. This is an essential requirement.
- (Extremely well versed in English. Afrikaans is an advantage)
- MS Office package including PowerPoint, Word and Outlook essential
- Enthusiastic team player
- Professional business nature
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work
- Remain calm under pressure
- Performance orientation
- Problem solving
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills for producing high quality content
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- The ability to work independently and flexibly
- The capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects
- The ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Public speaking
- Analytical skills