CSIR Communications Internship 2018
CSIR Communications Internship 2018, The CSIR (Council for Scientific and Industrial Research) is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
(One Year Contract)
About the job:
The CSIR has an internship opportunity for Communications in the BioFISA II Programme that is hosted by the Biosciences unit.
The incumbent will be responsible for writing impact stories and ensuring effective communication on social media and other media platforms. This position is based in Pretoria.
- Writing impact stories;
- Updating the SANBio Website with new content;
- Creating content for and moderating varied social media platforms, including:
- Writing articles and taking photos;
- Writing scripts for video documentaries/ promo videos;
- Editing of reports and documents;
- Participating in the design and coordination of online competitions;
- Participating in the coordination of the SANBio Student Ambassador Scheme;
- Gathering and compiling survey results;
- Gathering and compiling website analytics and social media statistics;
- Participating in the updating of the SANBio contact database;
- Updating SANBio stakeholder interaction tracking sheet;
- Assisting the Communications team in other tasks.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A degree in a field relevant to Communications/Public Relations/journalism;
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment;
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail and thoroughness;
- High level of integrity and accountability, flexible approaches to work coupled with enthusiasm and commitment;
- Experience and knowledge of still photography an advantage;
- Very good writing skills;
- Strong intercultural communication skills;
- Familiarity with social media;
- Good computer skills, MS Excel and Word;
- Proactive and service-minded;
- Previous experience from international development programmes and familiarity with donor funded programmes is an advantage;
- Willingness to take on new challenges;
- Proactive approach to problem-solving.
Closing date: April 2018
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history.
The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.