Department of Energy Learnerships, the Department of Energy is looking for persons from various communities, interested to enter into Learnerships in Public Administration. Successful candidates will be appointed on a Learnership Programme for a period of 12 months, during which they will receive a minimum stipend R2 500.00 per month.
These opportunities are based at the Department Offices in Gauteng, North West, Limpop, Free State and Northern Cape.
Public Administration Learnership Requirements (Gauteng, Mpumalanga and Limpopo)
- Applications will only be considered from South African citizens; aged between 18 and 35 years.
- Candidates who have already participated in an learnership programme in any Government department will NOT be considered.
- Gauteng – HRD 01
- North West – HRD 02
- Limpopo – HRD 03
- Free State – HRD 04
- Northern Cape -HRD 05
Requirements for the Work Integrated Learning (WIL)/ In-Service Training (Gauteng)
Candidates who are studying towards the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering – (Reference: HRD 06)
- Information Technology – (Reference: HRD 07)
- Human Resource – (Reference: HRD 08)
- Public Administration/Public Management – (Reference: HRD 09)
A minimum stipend of R3 000.00 will be paid to successful (WIL) candidates for twelve months
Knowledge of Batho Pele Principles. PLUS the following key competencies:
- Skills: Report writing
- Communication: Verbal and written Proficiency in at least two official languages (one must be English)
- Creativity: Innovative, Articulate, Good listener
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure, open-minded
- Must have the ability to put other people first (Ubuntu), must be professional, honest, ethical, accountable and have a sense of integrity.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
THE DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
How to apply
Closing date is 13 July 2018. Applications should be made on form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service department and accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of Matriculation certificate and identity document. Application forms should be signed and dated. If this is not done, applications will be disqualified. Candidates must indicate their preferred province on the top of Z83 form.
Failure to submit the request documents will result in your application not being considered. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Please forward your application, marked for the attention of Ms L. Modiba/ Mr M.S. Ramogayana by post to: The Director-General Department of Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Energy, 192 Cnr Visagie and Paul Kruger, Pretoria.
All enquiries must directed to: Ms L. Modiba/Mr M.S. Ramogayana, Tel. (012) 406 7607/7406. All applications must be sent to the address provided above and not to the specific region(s)
Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. Should you not be contacted within 3 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. NB: E-mail, fax and late applications will not be considered.