Dis-Chem Pharmacies is inviting all applicants to apply for their ongoing HR Graduate / Internship Programme 2022.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a HR Graduate (Internal Communications). The main purpose of this role will be to contribute to the development of internal communication for Dis-Chem employees. Support the delivery of creative communication concepts and organisational culture projects to drive engagement.
- Grade 12 / Matric or Senior Certificate
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Undergraduate qualification in Communications and/or equivalent
- 0 – 1 Year Internal Communications experience
- Support the delivery of internal communication plans and ensure timeous delivery of all assigned projects
- Assist with copy writing such as developing and designing content for internal communication i.e., Employee Newsletter, HR Communication
- Provide input into stakeholder requirements such as company announcements, meeting presentations, multimedia, key messages, talking points for distribution
- Conduct research to deliver key messaging to effectively drive positive engagement to the project
- Propose and conceptualise creative ideas to ensure company messaging is forward-looking and innovative
- Assist with creating content and coordinating activities with the internal graphics department
- Contribute to the identification and maintenance of all communication platforms
- Ensure quality assurance and approval of all communication material prior to delivery
- Assist with the maintenance of all Internal Communications templates and information
- Adhere to the timelines outlined for all standard monthly initiatives i.e Health Days, Religious & Observance Days
- Assist the IC and Culture team to conceptualise, plan and roll-out projects and events
- Assist with the implementation of tactics to increase engagement with stakeholders through various communication platforms
- Participate and attend company events to compile content for internal distribution
- Assist with communicating and the embedment of the Dis-Chem Culture within the organisation
- Support with the delivery of employee wellness initiatives and projects
- Foster a positive working relationship with all Internal communications stakeholders
- Work closely with various stakeholders to ensure understanding of objectives and contribute to key projects with the IC and Culture departments
- Timeously drive the submission of and review of all briefs from and to the internal graphics department
- Maintain consistent communication with key stakeholders (internal & external) and work closely with the Project team
- Assist with the consolidation and submission of OD reports
- Collaborate with the OD team to ensure all administrative requirements are adhered to and safe keeping of all proof documents and track changes.
- Participate in various OD projects when required to execute HR deliverables.
- Assist with driving changes to recruitment platforms upon request
- Knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Find solutions to potential issues as well as knowing when to escalate the problem and what level to escalate it to.
- Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
- Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Interact with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information
- Recognises the need for procedures and follows relevant procedures
- Good time management
- Honest and reliable
- Ms-Office word, excel, powerpoint and outlook
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination certificate required)
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
Internship Application Closing Date: 13 January 2022
Internship Location: Midrand, Gauteng