Economics Internships in South Africa
Economics Internships in South Africa; If you are passionate about numbers, mathematics, solving problems and statistics, then economics internships may be a suitable option. Career fields include economists, surveyors, finance, consultants and more. Most economic fields are based on the study of mathematical problems, analyzing, evaluation, productivity, income, distribution, money factors, consumption, wealth and delivering of services or goods.
This field can apply to multiple industries except for the obvious ones such as business, education, and politics. It can be used in law, crime, religion, environment, health care, and many other industries as well. A qualification in this field opens many doors to a variety of career options.
Economics Internships Available
Economics has many career paths to offer. Internships in this field can be for 12-months or longer and will depend on the company offering the internship. Most companies offer successful applicants a monthly allowance but it does not include meals, transport or accommodation.
Career fields with Economics:
- Financial Risk Analyst
- Investment Analyst
- Chartered Accountant
- Quantity Surveyor
- Government Officer
- Management Consultant
- Development Economist
- Risk Manager
Companies offering Economics Internships
- Department of Economic Development
- SA Reserve Bank
- Bureau for Economic Research
- Department of Environmental Affairs
- Phillips SA
- National Treasury Department
Economics Internships Requirements
Companies offering internships in these fields has some stipulations that must be met before you can apply. We have compiled a list of the basic requirements for the career fields mentioned.
- Applicants must be a South African citizen
- They must have a valid ID document
- They must hold a valid Matric certification
- Applicants must not be working or part of another internship
- They must have strong mathematical skills
- They must be computer literate
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in English
- They must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- They must be able to handle pressure
Most companies also encourage people who have a disability to apply. For these people, a medical certificate is required. This certificate must indicate the nature of their disability. Selected candidates will be invited to attend an interview and more detail on the internship will be provided. If you love all that these fields have to offer and find a company you would like to learn from, you may apply once their internships open and you meet all the requirements.