GSK 2018 Chemistry Traineeship Programme
GSK 2018 Chemistry Traineeship Programme is available for all qualified and interested applicants. All applicants are to read the requirements carefully before the apply for the GSK traineeship programme
Location: Epping, Western Cape
3 years diploma in analytical chemistry
Analyses products and raw materials for compliance with product or material specifications
Key Performance Area
- Compliance – Analysis:
Analyses products and materials to ensure compliance to registered specifications.
- Tests compliance of products (including routine Stability products) and materials as per documented Specifications and Analytical Methods.
- Analyses a large range of product types – tablets, capsules, COLs, suppositories and powder formulations.
- Performs analysis using wet chemical techniques and instrumental methods of analysis (HPLC, GC) as applicable.
- Ensures that applicable SOPs are followed and required records are completed.
- Examines samples critically.
- Records results as per GLP requirements.
- Reviews results for accuracy and reports any anomalies to Supervisor or Manager.
- Implements OOS procedure where necessary.
- Performs `peer review’ of analytical raw data as required by Manager.
- Samples and test compliance of Site systems (Purified water, gasses, steam, etc.) as per documented procedures.
- Compliance GLP & QMS
Complies with the requirements of Good Laboratory Practice and the requirements of the applicable GSK QMS Policies..
- Ensures cleanliness of working and surrounding area.
- Ensures that documentation is performed in the demarcated areas and that chemical analysis is performed on the workbenches.
- Ensures that documentation (specifications, etc.) is protected form damage by chemical, water, etc.
- Ensures preparation and storage of reagents as per SOPs.
- Ensures that chemicals and supplies are ordered timeously.
- Ensures that SOPs in use are current and notifies the Manager of any out-of-date procedures.
- Prepares SOPs as required by the Manager.
- Verifies the calibration status of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Performs maintenance of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Completes appropriate equipment logs after usage, verification and maintenance.
- Assists with the validation of equipment as required by the Manager.
- Performs system monitoring (eg. Fridge temperatures, fume cupboard pressures) and completion of appropriate logs as required by the Manager.
- Performs area inspections (self inspections, 6S, EHS) as required by the Manager.
- Ensures that laboratory waste is timeously removed as required by Manager.
- Comply with EHS standards and guidelines and Site EHS SOPs.
- Complies with SOPs wrt safe use of chemicals/reagents, glassware, analytical procedures and the use of PPE.
- Operational Excellence
Partakes in continuous improvement activities to reduce costs, increase productivity and improve quality.
- Participates in, projects to continually improve processes – LeanLab, OE and Leansigma methodology.
- Participates in Manufacturing Technology projects e.g.NIR.
- Assists with the delivery of the financial OE benefits.
- Participates in “visual factory”, incorporating 6S