Johannesburg Water Skills Programme 2018 / 2019
Johannesburg Water invites young people under the age of 35 who are interested in plumbing, brick laying and welding to apply for its basic Skills Programme for unemployed youth.
The youth development programme aims to create opportunities for the unemployed youth, by providing them with basic skills through an accredited institution, including practical training.
The programme aims to create opportunities for the unemployed youth who are interested in plumbing, bricklaying or welding by providing them with basic skills through an accredited institution, including practical training. Candidates who successfully complete the programme may be considered for a business management skills training programme, which will enable them to establish enterprises and enter the mainstream of the economy.
Application deadline is 05 July 2018 @ 12:00
Provider: Johannesburg Water
Location : Johannesburg, Gauteng
Field of Studies
- Brick laying
1. Unemployed youth who are black SA citizens, as defined (i.e. African, Coloured and Indians), and who are aged between 18 and 35 years old.
2. Have an approved academic qualification of Grade 12 or equivalent.
3. The programme is targeted at the following designated groups: unemployed youth who are black, women and people with disabilities.
4. Applicants must be permanent residents in one of the following areas within the City of Johannesburg:
- Orange Farm
- Ivory Park
- Eldorado Park
- Johannesburg CBD & surrounds (i.e. Riverlea, Bosmont, Brixton, Doornfontein, Braamfontein,etc.).
How to Apply
Place for submissions: Johannesburg Water Head Office, Tender Box, 17 Harrison Street, Marshalltown, 2107
Attention: The Accreditation and Supplier Development Manager
Furthermore, the programme aims to develop technical, business and entrepreneurial skills for unemployed youth who have a minimum matriculation qualification. The programme will run for a maximum period of six (6) months broken down between theoretical classroom training and practical on the job training and the successful applicants will receive a stipend during the course of the programme.