Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is inviting all suitably candidates to apply for the ongoing Bursary Programme 2022.
Koffiefontein Diamond Mine is inviting students residing within the local labour sending area of Letsemeng Municipality, to apply for bursary funding, for the 2022 academic year.
Bursaries will be awarded for studies within the following fields:
- Environmental and Engineering Geology (BSc)
- Engineering Geology (BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BSc)
- Mining Engineering (BSc)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: full tuition fees, accommodation in residence and meals (or equivalent allowances).
Bursary recipients will be required to partake in practical vacation work during December and January holidays.
After graduation, bursary recipients will be required to work for Petra Diamonds (Pty) Ltd, as part of the contractual obligation. The employment contract period will be equal to the duration of bursary funding received.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 30 days of the closing date – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, please consider your application as unsuccessful. Short-listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview, before final selection is made.
The selection process will include the following: pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical clearance and security clearance.
Petra Diamonds reserves the right not to award any bursaries, if suitable candidates are not found.
Koffiefontein Diamond Mine Bursaries Requirements
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must reside in the local labour sending area of Letsemeng Municipality, in the Free State province
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards any of the qualifications listed above
- You must be registered and accepted to study at a recognised University or a University of Technology in South Africa
- You must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Mathematics in Matric mid-year exams (NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must have achieved a minimum result of level 6 for Sciences in Matric mid-year exams
- Industrial Engineering students: you must have achieved a minimum Admission point score (APS) of 35s
- Environmental and Engineering Geology, Engineering Geology and Mining Engineering students: you must have achieved a minimum Admission point score (APS) of 31s
- Current University or a University of Technology students: you must have a strong academic record
- Preference will be given to senior students (however, students in their 1st year of study are welcome to apply)
- Preference will be given to students residing within the companies host labour sending area of Letsemeng/ Xhariep District Municipalities
- Preference will be given to female students and students from the designated groups (in line with the Company’s EE Policy and Plan and internal candidates)
Bursary Application Closing date: 15 October 2021
How To Apply For Koffiefontein Diamond Mine Bursaries
Students who meet all of the requirements, may apply by submitting clear copies of the following supporting documentation (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of acceptance at a University (on institutions letterhead)
- Proof of residence in Letsemeng Municipality
Note: there is no application form to be completed for this bursary – students need only submit the list of above documents to apply.
Applications must be submitted via email to: Marizanne.JansenVanRensburg@petradiamonds.com OR Johan.Brits@petradiamonds.com
(Insert the words “Petra Diamonds Bursary Application” in the email subject line).