Lancet is inviting all persons to apply for the ongoing Admin Clerk / Receptionist Social worker / Counseling Graduate / Internship Programme.
An opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Intern Admin Clerk/Receptionist. This is a Permanent position based at Richmond.
- Administers sorting and distribution of samples according to set standard operating procedures to ensure the correct and prioritised channelling of specimens to various laboratories/ sites.
- Processes sample registration (“logging”) and queries according to set standard operating procedures.
- Ensures dispatching of specimens for processing in accordance with prescribed standard operating procedures and monitors progress and filing of reports, including handling queries and report delivery, in line with prescribed turnaround time.
- Performs hospital rounds to distribute reports and collect submitted samples for processing in accordance with relevant standard operating procedures.
- Handles and refers administrative queries and customer complaints to ensure timely resolution of queries and responses to complaints.
- Responsible to track progress of sample delivery by couriers to ensure that specimens are received by the designated laboratory, processed and results returned timeously and in compliance with set standard operating procedures.
- Investigates bottleneck in pre-analytical laboratory processes and ensure timely resolution of challenges.
- Ensures basic housekeeping in own working area, including suitable cleaning and preparation of equipment according to set standard operating procedures.
- Monitors stock levels and orders additional stock to ensure the availability of required materials at all times and ensure delivery of stock to the doctor’s rooms.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with medical professionals and staff.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Grade 12
- Bsc Degree will be Advantageous
- Computer literate
- Laboratory information systems
- Organisational policy procedures
- Ability to cope with nervous / distressed patients
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Adherence to company dress code
- Administrative skills
- Attention To Detail
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Customer Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Business numeracy
Internship Application closing date: 30 July 2021
Internship Location: Richmond, KwaZulu-Natal