Multichoice Playout Graduate Internship Programme 2018
Multichoice Playout Graduate Internship Programme 2018, Applications are invited from all interested and qualified applicants for the 2018 Multichoice Playout Graduate Internship Programme. All interested applicants are to read the requirements carefully and make sure they meet it before they apply.
- Follow operational instructions as per standard operation procedure.
- Execute instructions according to the client’s requirements.
- Communicate with all relevant parties prior and during transmission.
- Ensure that the Standard operational procedures are applied according to the situation, timeously and efficiently.
- Ensure that all escalation procedures are followed for MCR and SCCR environment.
- Generate iConnect checklists on completion of a shift.
- Apply the principles of trouble shooting for single user and multi-user transmission operating systems.
- Ensure off-air is checked against MCR output, platforms include DTH SA & Africa, verify DTT and OTT off air via command center.
- Ensure receipt, availability, test and execution of graphic elements as per DMS Scheduling requirements.
- Ensure the Imagine automation system is set up and operated in order to deliver correct program at intended date and time using keyboard functionality, direct access panel & other functions as described in the operational manual.
- Identify audios when selecting incoming source as part of line up procedure.
- Identify correct slug from quick turnaround server. Executing the quick turnaround of highlights packages using D-Series Automation
- Identify resolution and aspect ratio when selecting incoming source as part of line up procedure.
- Implemented broadcasting related solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Log on to respective software applications e.g. D-Series DAL Station Automation,E-sched, VX Panel, Xplora and Microsoft Office.
- Monitor and check all video and associated audio feeds and escalate those which do not meet broadcast standards.
- Operating broadcasting equipment in ARGUS Playout facility (SCCR and MCR)
- Performing schedule downloads, editing of logs, verifying sources (associated audio and video), programming of sponsorship elements, EBR reporting and escalation procedures, sponsorship sign off and execution, follow up on outstanding material.
- Set up & prepare transmission equipment as per SMS (SuperSport Media Solutions) standards & specifications for all live events.
- Execution of live events, communication with production environment, TX reporting and escalation, sponsorship sign off and execution.
KNOWLEDGE / QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 1-year tertiary qualification in Media Studies, Broadcasting, IT, Audio Visual, Video Technology or any relevant NQF L5 qualification.
- Candidates with 3-year tertiary qualifications in the above fields will have an advantage
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written.
- Computer Literate (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer, Google Chrome).
- Knowledge of Television Operations will be an added advantage.
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to work odd hours
How To Apply
All interested applicants are to follow the link below, provide all the necessary details and apply before the closing date.