National Library of South Africa (NLSA) is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for the ongoing Graduate / Internship Programme 2021 / 2022.
The purpose of this short-term employment opportunity is to assist the National Archives and Records Services of South Africa (NARSSA) to digitise, conserve, secure and make accessible its paper based and audio-visual archival collections.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified persons between the ages of 18 and 35 for appointment on a three-month contract basis. The successful individuals will be based in Pretoria. Successful candidates will receive training and be provided with real work experience enabling them to gain skills and valuable experience that can be applied in future jobs.
Position: Trainee Assistant Archivists
No of Positions: 27
Stipend: R 5 700 per month
- Preservation and conservation services
- Arrangement and description of paper based and /or audio-visual records.
- Capturing, verification and data clean-up on the National Archives database
- Evaluation and preparation of paper based and audiovisual records for digitization.
- Follow detailed instructions.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports.
- Be willing to rotate in similar roles as requested.
- Work rotational shifts, including weekends, when required to do so
Bachelor’s degree in:
- Archival Studies,
- Heritage Studies,
- Film Studies,
- Sound Engineering.
NB. A postgraduate qualification in any of the above fields will be an added advantage. Candidates who obtained their qualifications through the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture’s Heritage Bursary Scheme are encouraged to apply
- Computer literacy is an added advantage
- Ability to perform moderately heavy physical work
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills and outstanding work ethics
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
Internship Application Closing Date: 25 June 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, South Africa
How To Apply For National Library of South Africa (NLSA) Internships 2021
Interested applicants must submit a completed prescribed application form accompanied by:
- A covering letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Matric/Grade12 certificate;
- Certified copies of qualifications and academic transcripts not older than six months;
- A copy of certified Identity Document
Submit by e-mail to: email@example.com
NB. Should you not receive any correspondence/communication from the National Library of South Africa one month after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful.