Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls Internship 2019; The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls – South Africa, invites applicants to apply for Administration Internship Programme for 2018 / 2019 in Gauteng. The duration of this Internship Programme is 12 months.
- Matric certificate.
- Diploma or a degree and be studying towards a Post Graduate Certificate in Education through correspondence in 2019 OR should be in their 2nd or 3rd year of study (part time) towards a diploma or a degree.
- Ability to fully participate in the school’s extramural programme.
- Have the passion for learning and see themselves working towards a permanent career in teaching.
- Actively seeking to develop professionally in a school environment that is committed to providing a quality education.
- Administration Internhship
- Admin, Office & Support
The Intern must help establish a healthy living environment that provides learners with a “home away from home experience’ and work in collaboration with the Residence team and the Facilities department to ensure the proper functioning of each house, maintaining all daily routines and procedures.
Depending on the issue at hand, the successful candidate must be able to work with other colleagues within the Academy such as the Psychologists, Social Workers, Nurses, Catering, Academics, Uniform Controller, Administration, Facilities Management and Extramural & Sports Coordinators.
Depending on the Interns ‘expertise and the area of interest, the Interns will be expected to perform all or some of these duties:
- Supervision of students in the residence.
- Assist with various aspects of the curriculum in the classroom.
- Assist with various aspects in the Wellness department;
- Assist with student recruitment;
- Assist with Reception duties;
- Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Regrettably emailed, faxed and hand delivered applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted through the SkillsMap portal will be considered. Only suitably qualified applications will be considered.
The Academy is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful incumbent will be required to:
- Submit a recent police clearance certificate.
- Work shifts; and
- Live on the Academy promises while on Academy duties.