Oprah Winfrey School for Girls Graduate Internship Programme 2019
Oprah Winfrey School for Girls Graduate Internship Programme 2019, Applications are invited for 5 vacant Intern positions. Appointments will be for one year for the period, 1 January 2019 to 31 December 2019. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates.
Applications must be accompanied by a covering letter, CV with names of three contactable references, a copy of the highest qualification/s and the copy of identity.
Regrettably emailed, faxed and hand delivered applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted through the SkillsMap portal will be considered. Only suitably qualified applications will be considered. Should you not hear from us by 30 November 2018, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position.
The Academy is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and is an equal opportunity employer.
OWLAG is committed to assist Interns with career development opportunities by providing real work experiences that provide students with opportunities to explore their interests and develop professional skills and competencies. The Interns will therefore be exposed in various areas of the Academy with strong focus in Residence and in one of the identified Academic areas. In the Residence, the Intern is expected to provide high-quality pastoral care to students and to take pride and ownership for the good running and presentation of the allocated residence. In collaboration with the Matron, the Assistant Matron, the House Mistress and the Head of Boarding, the incumbent must play a parental role to the learners.
In Academics: As an assistant in the classroom, the Intern will be expected to teach lessons under the guidance of the supervising teacher/s. The Intern will also be expected to provide input on planning the lessons, setting assessments and assisting with assessment/marking.
Identified areas of need in Academics are as follows:
- Afrikaans and/or Sesotho
- Physical Science
- Maths/ Maths Literacy
- Matric certificate.
- Diploma or a degree and be studying towards a Post Graduate Certificate in Education through correspondence in 2019.
- Must have studied Afrikaans and/or Sesotho; Geography, Physical Science or Maths/ Maths Literacy at tertiary level.
- Ability to fully participate in the school’s extramural programme.
- Have the passion for learning and see themselves working towards a permanent career in teaching.
- Actively seeking to develop professionally in a school environment that is committed to providing quality education.
Due to the nature of this position, the successful incumbent will be required to:
- Submit a recent police clearance certificate.
- Work shifts; and
- Live on the Academy promises while on duty..
The following will serve as an added advantage:
- Boarding house experience.
- Proven Child & Youth Care experience.
Closing Date: 23 November 2018