The Perishables Products Export Control Board (PPECB) is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for the ongoing Graduate BI Data Engineer Internship Programme
This is a 12-month graduate internship that requires no formal work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the business questions to be answered.
- Understand and analyse the data available to support the business question
- Understand the data models with data relationships
- Develop scripts and stored procedures to Extract, Transform and Load data from various sources into the Data Warehouse or into Master Data Systems
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders in an agile and dynamic environment
- Using programming language to Import new data into master data model
- Using programming language to extract or provision data for subscribing systems.
- Understand and execute data reconciliation between source and target systems
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or final year student in BSc Information Technology / Information Systems / Computer Science BTech Information Technology or any higher qualification PGDip. or bachelor’s degree in Data Science/ Data Analytics/ Business Intelligence BEng or BSc
- Knowledge in one or more of the following aspects: Data visualization, – suitable programming language, SQL Design Thinking, Data modelling
- Strong knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Firm understanding of database functionality and using Excel to analyse data
- Solid programming ability
Internship Location: Cape Town, Western Cape
Internship Closing Date: 23 August 2021