SAPPI hereby invites unemployed graduates to apply for Electrical Engineering Graduate / Internship Programme 2021.
Sappi Southern Africa requires two Electrical Engineers -in- Training for Tugela Mill and Ngodwana Mill to complete a two year comprehensive training programme that contributes the knowledge and practical requirements to become a proficient maintenance or project engineer in a mill.
The main responsibilities of the role would be:
Job rotations and practical work as per ECSA standards:
- Advise on and design electrical devices or components, circuits, semi-conductors and systems.
- Specify production and installation methods, materials, and quality standards and direct production or installation work of electrical products and systems.
- Observe the control, development and monitoring of the operation and maintenance of the electrical equipment and systems.
- Establish control standards and procedures to ensure efficient functioning and safety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Determine manufacturing methods for electronic system and equipment maintenance and repair of existing electronics systems and equipment.
- Ensure that electrical equipment operation and maintenance comply with design specifications and safety standards.
- Investigate and find solutions for operational problems related to electrical, instrumentation and related plant equipment.
- Contribute to the design of new equipment specifications.
- Develop apparatus and procedures to test electronic components, circuits and systems.
- Participate in the review of electricity supply to the mill from an efficiency, environmental and reliability point of view.
Rotate through the mill and provide operational support to engineers:
- Participate in plant forums, multi-disciplinary team meetings and engineering meetings to learn how the plant operates and to contribute professional advice.
- Investigate failure or underperformance of electrical equipment or instrumentation in the plant and recommend solutions to avoid recurrence.
- Assess existing plant design against electrical design specifications, health and safety requirements, ease of installation, constructability, maintainability, environmental requirements, ergonomic considerations, life cycle costs and alternative solutions. Assist during plant shuts and machine start-ups.
- Assist engineers with project management activities including project scoping, pre-feasibility, business case development (capital expense, operating cost and total cost of ownership), resourcing, scheduling, and implementation.
- Assist engineers with trial runs or pilot plant implementation by monitoring the performance of the newly installed electrical equipment and providing feedback on the results.
- Engage with external consultants assigned to projects to understand their role in the projects. Review consultant proposals and provide recommendations on whether to proceed.
- Attend training or industry events to keep abreast of new developments in the pulp and paper industry.
We require someone with:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Computer literacy
- No prior work experience is required
- Candidates will need to relocate at their own cost to the area of the Mill if successful (if not based in that area)
Internships Application Closing Date: 5 April 2021
Internship Location: Tugela Mill (Mandeni, KZN) and Ngodwana Mill (Nelspruit, MPU)
Engineer -in- Training Electrical (May Intake) ( HRL 13 )