SKA Engineering & Science Internships 2018 / 2019 in Cape Town
South African SKA Project (SKA SA) invites applicants from unemployed graduates to apply for Engineering & Science Graduates internships programme for the academic year 2018/2019 in Cape Town. Interns will receive a monthly stipend of during their placement. The South Africa SKA Project is recruiting bright, young and enthusiastic graduates through its Young Professionals Development Programme (YPD Programme).
Internship Application deadline is 16 June 2018
Internship Provider: South African SKA Project (SKA SA)
Internship Location : South Africa
Field of Studies
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic and/or Computer Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Light Current Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering and/or Radio Frequency Engineering
- In final year of a Bachelor of Mechanical / Electromechanical / Mechatronics Engineering
- Completing a Bachelor of Science Honours in Astronomy / Astrophysics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or in Physics with an interest in software development
- Students will be assessed through a hands-on practical session that will take place at the SARAO Cape Town offices from 9 – 11 July 2018. This assessment forms part of the interview process. Dates for the assessment are non-negotiable. Travel for students outside the Western Cape will be subsidized. Successful students will be notified two weeks prior of their travel arrangements for the practical assessment.
- Successful students will be based in Cape Town for a period of up to 3 years, starting in January 2019.
- Students must intend carrying out a part-time Masters degree during the internship. This is a requirement of the internship.
Submit the following documents as a SINGLE PDF file to apply:
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Certified South African ID document
- Certified university transcripts
- A maximum 300 words motivational letter stating why you should be selected
How to Apply
Send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org