SMEC is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for the ongoing Engineer Graduate Internships Programme 2021.
This position is responsible for technical design of projects within the Section, and providing assistance to Engineers.
With 0 – 3 years of design experience in a consulting environment, the key responsibilities will be:
• Making good decisions on own initiative.
• Leading small team of technicians/ draughtspersons on a project.
• Querying details suggesting more acceptable solutions.
• Drafting technical reports of acceptable technical and presentational quality.
• Able to present / represent his specific technical work (presentations/ meetings).
• Familiar with work procedures.
• Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
• Developing understanding of local functional business technologies and markets.
• Ability to check and inspect constructed works for compliance to design and specifications with minimal supervision.
• Awareness of time and cost implications on projects.
Recommended Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• 0 – 3 years of design experience in a consulting environment
• Advantageous to have bridge and structural subjects
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
Only applications with the following supporting documents will be considered:
• Cover letter motivating your application and interest in the position
• Matric certificate
• Full University academic transcript
• Identity document
Internship Application Closing Date: 07 May 2021
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng