University of Pretoria Counseling Psychologist Internship 2019/2018
University of Pretoria Counseling Psychologist Internship 2019/2018, The University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications to apply for x5 Counseling Psychologist Internship Programme for 2018 / 2019 in Pretoria. The duration of this Internship Preogramme is 12 months. Successful candidates will receive a stipend of R 96 000 per annum as determined by UP policy guidelines .The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Proven registration as a MA or MSc Counselling Psychology Intern at an accredited university;
- Registration as an Intern Psychologist with HPCSA.
- The incumbents will be responsible for rendering counseling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness.
- This will include the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults.
Competencies & Skills
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Efficient planning, organising and prioritising skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail;
- Ethical insight and reliability;
- To be available on call for the 24-hour Crisis line on a rotating basis;
- Ability to manage crisis interventions.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic / counselling services to students / young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness;
- Group work sessions as part of the co-curricular programme for students / young adults;
- Career assessment, report writing and counselling;
- Development of training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students / young adults;
- Providing therapeutic services to children at other off-campus institutions as part of training;
- Mandatory supervision as part of training;
- Render a 24 hour crisis line service on rotation;
- Data analysing as part of research process.
Internship Application Closing Date: 08 August 2018
Internship Provider: University of Pretoria
Internship Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
How to Apply
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of registration as a current MA or MSc Counselling Psychology student;
- Certified copy of registration as a current Student Psychologist with the HPCSA;
- Certified copies of undergraduate qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic results;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
Enquiries: Dr L Blokland, Tel: (012) 420 2333
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 30 September 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.