Western Cape Government is inviting all unemployed graduates to apply for Matric First Work Experience PAY Internship Programme 2021.
The Premier’s Advancement of Youth (PAY) Programme aims to create the opportunity for matriculants to gain workplace experience in the Western Cape Government (WCG). The internship allows for a year of mentoring, decision-making about a future career, on-the-job training and exposure to skills training and development to make the intern more employable.
Annually, applications open for Matric First Work Experience PAY Internship Opportunities. The programme provides matriculants between the ages of 17-24 with work experience and training within one of the 13 Western Cape Government Departments.
- 24 years old or younger.
- wrote and passed the National Senior Certificate (NSC) in the Western Cape in 2020.
- not going to study further in 2021.
- South African citizen, residing in the Western Cape.
- no support network to help you make informed career choices.
- not sure of your next step after school.
- financially constrained (household income less than R350,000 p/a)
- no work experience
What will you achieve?
- Work experience in the public sector.
- Contactable references for your brand new CV.
- A set of skills and experiences that will make you more marketable and employable.
- A year in which to make informed career choices together with a network to back it up.
Make it happen
- Applications normally open in the first week of January, but for the 2021 intake, it will take place in the first week of May with assumption of duty, 1 July 2021.
Internship Application Closing Date: 28 May 2021
Internship Location: Western Cape
How To Apply For Western Cape Government Matric First Work Experience PAY Internships 2021
- If you don’t have an email address, create one at a free email site like Gmail or Yahoo. You will need it to apply.
- You must register on the South African Youth Network before you can apply. This platform is administered by Harambee: https://sayouth.mobi/p/WCDoTP/o/64769
- Once you have registered successfully, you’ll be able to apply.
We’ll be verifying each applicant’s National Senior Certificate (NSC) results with the Western Cape Education Department as well as any other relevant documentation.
Applicants will only be appointed once they’ve passed a security check, which includes having their fingerprints taken.
Applicants must ensure that they open bank accounts before undergoing a personal security check.
Applicants must also ensure that they register with SARS to obtain a tax number before the personnel security check.
On-the-job training will be provided in the following departments:
- Department of the Premier
- Department of Agriculture
- Department of Community Safety
- Department of Cultural Affairs and Sport
- Department of Economic Development and Tourism
- Department of Environmental Affairs & Development Planning
- Department of Health
- Department of Human Settlements
- Department of Local Government
- Department of Social Development
- Department of Transport and Public Works
- Provincial Treasury
- The Western Cape Education Department (WCED)